Total Pageviews

Thursday, February 17, 2005

Prefered Mystery Writers

Anne Ivy, the Clinging Vine asks "Who are your preferred mystery authors? You do HAVE preferred mystery authors, don't you?"

After A. Conan Doyle, my prefered mystery writers are Gilbert Chesterton (Father Brown) and Dorothy Sayers (Lord Peter Wimsy), but mostly for the other things I've read by them rather than their mysteries. I guess I would have to add one playwrite, Neil Simon, for his spoof on mystery writers "Murder by Death". Basicly, it's like pulling teeth to get me to read a sustained piece of fiction, which brings me to the most appealing feature of Father Brown stories -- they're short.

One mystery/detective show that I do follow on a regular basis is "Law & Order: Criminal Intent" because while realistic, the show tries to incorporate the flavor of a sophisticated mystery story. I don't watch "Monk" only because I don't have cable.

CLICK THIS TEXT TO CONTRIBUTE TO THE "GET THE GNU CABLE SO HE CAN WATCH 'MONK' RELIEF FUND"!

No comments: